Sunday, January 7, 2007

January 6 2007 Area Committee Meeting - Report


My Name is Sheree, I am an alcoholic, and currently serving as your Self Support Chair (Area 83 International).

Thanks again for the opportunity to serve I am honored.

As the Area Self Support Chair I feel my role is to build awareness of the vital need for our fellowship to be self supporting, through money and time (service). To do this effectively I have decided to use one of my favorite forms of communication – The Internet. Information on the Internet can quickly shared, is easily accessible and I love using it.

url - http://www.area83selfsupport.blogspot.com/

I have created an Area 83 Self Support Blog. On it currently is an introduction to the Blog, How to use the Blog and information take from our service manual on the 3rd Legacy. I have included copies of the Blog with my report. The Blog includes an action tip for your Self Support Chair. If you don’t have a Self Support Chair please let me know and I will contact your Alternate DCM and ask them to fill this role.

Each month I will add a Self Support Tip or Idea, I have prepared 21 months of ideas already, I will then email the link out to the Area Committee , the District Self Support Chairs and anyone else who is interested.

For January I have introduced the Anniversary Plan, its history and how to send money to the General Service Office, I have also created a flyer that can be printed off and photocopied for the groups. The flyer can be obtained by emailing me at area83iamresponsible@yahoo.com, there are a few copies at the back and I have sent it to our Secretary to be included in the minutes. I hope that by doing this we can create conversation and action in the area of Self Support.

For Each District I have created a little package containing;
1. Welcome Letter
2. Copies of the Blog
3. Birthday Envelopes
4. Birthday Flyer
5. Pamphlet – Self Support – Where money and Spirituality Mix
6. Copies of Self Support Presentations from when I was District Chair (note these presentations where provided to me by other District Chairs and are meant to help you create your own presentation)
7. Guidelines Created by District 26 when I was Self Support Chair (these again are meant to help you create your own District Guidelines).
8. Misc. Flyers

I hope this information will be helpful in getting your Self Support Chair started. I can be reached for more information any time by emailing or calling me.

I am of course available for your service days, round-ups and conferences; I would be happy to attend or send my display for your local Self Support Chair to use.

And …send me your minutes I want to read what is happening in your Districts.

In Love of Service,

No comments: